Read To Succeed is thrilled to announce this year’s One Book choice: The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion. In The Rosie Project readers meet Don Tillman, a brilliant yet socially inept genetics professor on the autism spectrum. After deciding he needs to get married, Don designs the Wife Project to find his perfect partner: a 16-page, scientifically valid survey designed to eliminate all the qualities Don finds even mildly offensive.
Througha friend and colleague, Gene, Don meets Rosie Jarman, who manages to personify every quality Don does not want for a wife. Rosie’s loud, she curses a blue streak, and she’s constantly late. But something about Rosie calls to Don, and when he finds out that Rosie is searching for her biological father, Don takes on the Father Project to help Rosie find the answers she so desperately needs. As Don and Rosie become more intertwined, Don learns an invaluable lesson: that love is anything but scientific. An international bestseller and already slated for an upcoming film, The Rosie Project is the perfect combination of laughs, tears and a little mystery thrown in for good measure.
This month also marks the beginning of One Book’s Book Crossing, where free copies of The Rosie Project (generously donated by Ingram Content Group) are placed in red boxes all around Rutherford County. Readers can grab a copy, read it, pass it on to a friend, or return it to one of the 10 locations listed below. Be sure to pick up your copy today! Books are available at:
• Boro Town Cakes, 128 N. Church St., Murfreesboro
• Donut Palace, 17 S. Lowry St., Smyrna
• Eagleville Bicentennial Library, 317 Old Hwy. 99, Eagleville
• JoZoara Coffee Shop, 536 N. Thompson Ln., Murfreesboro
• La Vergne Public Library, 5063 Murfreesboro Rd., La Vergne
• Linebaugh Public Library, 105 W. Vine St., Murfreesboro
• MGL/Patterson Park Community Center, 521 Mercury Blvd., Murfreesboro
• PERK’D Coffee Shop, 225 N. Rutherford Blvd., Murfreesboro
• Smyrna Public Library, 400 Enon Springs Rd. W., Smyrna
• Starbucks, 2904 S. Church St., Murfreesboro